How to Balance Your Hormones Naturally?
- The phrase “hormones” generally includes the thyroid, the adrenals, the female and male hormones, the hormones that promote sleep, and many others. The balance of hormones is delicate and critical. Since hormones are interrelated, one imbalance can interfere with the balance of other hormones and the body as a whole. They are essential for several processes, including the management of insulin resistance, control of weight, stabilization of mood, immune system health, maintenance of healthy bones and muscles, nutrient absorption, and nutrient assimilation. Dr. Naggar’s areas of focus in hormone health are the following:
- Optimization of thyroid function
- Management of adrenal insufficiency
- Management of PMS, fibroids, endometriosis, and PCOS
- Support for menopause and perimenopause
- Promotion of sexual Wellness
- Fertility Enhancement
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- The term “bioidentical hormones” refers to the hormones’ structure rather than their origins. Soy and yam are the sources of bioidentical hormones. Contrary to their non-bioidentical cousins, the structure is the same as the endogenously produced natural hormones by the body.
- The action, metabolism, and elimination pathways of bioidentical hormones and naturally occurring human hormones are similar because of their similar molecular structures. Non-bioidentical hormones carry a higher chance of adverse effects on breast, coagulation, and cardiovascular health.
- A Drop in sex hormones leads to insomnia, bones loss, migraines, hot flashes, increased risk of cardiovascular disease, obesity, elevated cholesterol, hypothyroidism, uterine fibroids, fibrocystic breasts, PCOS, chronic fatigue syndrome, hirsutism, connective tissue disorders.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy:
- BHRT reduces vasomotor symptoms by 75%
- Improve sleep quality
- Improve genitourinary syndrome of menopause
- reduce the risk of recurrent UTI
- Address urinary tract symptoms and Pelvic floor dysfunction
- address sexual dysfunction
- maintaining muscle mass and preventing the atrophy
- Improving joint pain and slowing down osteoarthritis
- Preventing postmenopausal bone loss
- Promoting weight loss, and reduction in waist circumference
- Benefits in Liver fibrosis and Fatty Liver
- Management of metabolic syndrome
- It may help promote a positive mood
- Estrogen can have positive effects on postmenopausal depression
- Improve cerebral Blood flow, improve cognition, and delay dementia.
- Improve cardiovascular risk
All content on Dr. Rasha El Naggar Website is intended for educational purposes and not medical advice.